Monday, October 23, 2006

Staff Cookouts

Assistant County Librarian, Jayne, came up with an interesting idea...having a staff cookout. Jayne is rather modest and does not want to take credit for the staff cookout idea, but that is my recollection. As I recall, Jayne came to my office and stated, ”We need to cook for the staff”. “Well, okay”, I said. “Who is we?” I asked. “Us!” she replied. So, we had our first cookout at Headquarters on October 6.I learned a few things that day. First, Jayne has never grilled anything. Apparently, she uses a skillet…well, that isn't grilling. So, Jayne was in-charge of the veggie burgers. She did a great job “grilling” them. I was amazed at how she was able to get the grill marks to come out so perfectly! See picture. Two, I learned, once again, that food truly is the great equalizer. People enjoy sharing a meal together.

Jayne had a great idea and we had fun putting this together. We are now heading out to the branches. Next stop Boiling Springs Library.

Maybe next time Jayne can run the “real grill”!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jayne and Andy said...

This was our first time cooking for staff, and we enjoyed spending time with everyone. Todd was a pro with the TWO charcoal grills. I'm looking forward to taking my newfound "grilling" skills to the branches.

By the way, burgers in a skillet.....They are greasy but really good!

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the cookout. My "real" burger tasted great, since I don't grill out much anymore it was nice to have that char-grill flavor. I've tried the veggie burgers before and am not crazy about them. Next time we need to try the turkey burgers. They're better for you than the ground meat. This was a wonderful treat for staff. Thanks.

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hate I missed it - looked like a lot of fun! I think it is great you did this for the staff!

3:48 PM  
Blogger lauram said...

I really enjoyed the cookout. It was great to sit down and enjoy the company of people I don't normally see during the day. It's a great way to foster community spirit. When's the next one?

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Burgers were De*lish*ous!
Thanks!
CindyB
Ref

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home