Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas CRUNCH

When I was kid we would make homemade Christmas gifts. It was something most kids have done. You know, a Christmas ornament made out of popsicle sticks and glitter or pine cones with peanut butter/seed for a bird feeder. I would take a painstaking amount of time to put these little gifts together. My grandmothers and mom would oooh and aahhh over my creativity. The good ol' days...a high impact gift for very little money.

Now it is a race to get this and race to get that. Do I have "enough" for this son or too much for that son. What is the best gift for my father-in-law who literally has every toy under the sun? A peanut butter covered pine cone probably won't cut it. See the picture to your left, and you will understand.

The movement of "Wikis" is well underway. Just a quick search of "Wiki" on Google leads to 308,000,000 hits.
The Wiki that I want to bring to your attention is www.wikihow.com "The How-To Manual That Anyone Can Write or Edit".
We have 5 days until Christmas Day. Just enough time to throw something together for that special someone. Let's see what we find on www.wikihow.com:

I think you get the idea. There is plenty to do and make, but the problem is time. So, if not this year - maybe next. And if you get really creative...maybe you would like to start a Wiki for someone. That would be: http://www.wikihow.com/Start-a-Wiki.
Happy shopping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home