Monday, November 27, 2006

Global Bike

When I began this blog, about a month ago, I had no idea where it would go or what I would write about. I have tried to find items of relative interest that relate to libraries and to the community. Today, I want to commit some space to an interesting Spartanburg based initiative...Global Bike or "globalbike".

From the globalbike blog:

"globalbike is a spartanburg, sc based project that purchases bikes for community care workers in developing countries. these bikes are made in the country they are being used. globalbike currently has 22 bikes in operation in Zambia. these bikes are allowing community care workers to see more patients - carry more supplies - and most importantly do their volunteer work more effectively."

This program is the passion of Curt McPhail. Curt has started a new blog: http://globalbike.blogspot.com/ . You will find photos and program information. I encourage interested folks to take a look. If anything else, you are able to see how a small dream can have a big impact.

Not a bad thought to mull over as we enter a new year.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting and I would love to see our Library staff donate a bicycle. What a great cause!!!

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home